Information about the number and type of licence issued will be updated regularly. The following figures cover the week ending Monday 4 March 2018:
• Private hire driver licences - 114,218: a decrease 129 on the previous week, 181 licences are new.
• Private hire vehicle licences - 88,278: a decrease of 17 on the previous week, 444 licences are new.
• Private hire operator licences - 2,386: an increase of 0 on the previous week.
• Taxi driver licences - 23,883: a decrease of 26 on the previous week, 15 licences are new. Of those taxi drivers, 20,846 hold All London licences, and 3,037 hold Suburban licences.
• Taxi vehicle licences - 21,179: a decrease of 67 on the previous week, 5 are new.
67 came off the road for good last week , with only 5 new registrations to take their place.