Friday, June 22, 2018
Thursday, June 21, 2018
Picking up on Zig Zags.
Turned out driver was unlicensed and had taken family members car out and App details, whilst Licence Holder was out of UK.
Driver and Licence holder are now under police investigation for various offences.
Before you use Uber, ask yourself this...
With so many of their drivers sharing their cars and phones.... who’s driving you home tonight ?
Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Use it or lose it: Dozens of Glasgow minicab drivers licenses suspended for NOT living or working there
Dozens of Glasgow Private Hire drivers have their licences suspended for not living there
Licensing bosses swung the axe on a list of cabbies whose registered addresses are outside of the city.
For 19 of the drivers, their time on the road was effectively ended as the suspensions go up to their licence expiry dates.
Manchester, London, Rotherham and Bolton were all listed as addresses, with many of the cabbies having never used their permit.
Ibniamin Khan, was the only one who was given a two-week penalty after he failed to use his private hire car for seven months when he was living in Yorkshire and Germany.
Alex Wilson, chair of the licensing committee told him: “We gave you a licence in 2017 and you’ve not used it.
“If you had read the terms and conditions of the licence you would know that you should have surrendered your licence.
“You are supposed to do that if you’ve not used it within any three-month period.
“You should never have applied for a licence if you had no intention of using it.”
But Mr Khan said: “I haven’t used my licence because I was looking for a car.
“My brother was then involved in a crash and I moved over to Germany to be with him for several months.
“I have now got a car and have moved to Glasgow. I moved here because I want to work here.”
All of those whose licences were suspended were called to appear in front of the committee.
The drivers who had their permits suspended until the end of their licence expiry will have to wait to apply for a new licence if they want to operate in Glasgow.
Source : EveningTimes.co.uk
TAXI LEAKS EXTRA BIT :
Well done to the licence regulators in Glasgow, who have realised what’s been happening with their registered private hire drivers, and stepped in to take action to stop this practise.
The minicab drivers will now have to wait until their current PH licence expires before they can reapply ((if they wish to work again but only in Glasgow)
It's just a crying shame that London's regulators TfLTPH, don't have the appetite to do the same down here, with TfL London licensed Minicabs who are helping to destroy the private hire industries up and down the country.
But then again, we've seen the contempt TfL have for anyone other than their 'Golden Boy' partner Uber. Even commissioner Mike Brown couldn't be bothered to turn up to the commissioners meeting with senior Taxi trade reps last week, yet we hear he has had multiple top secret meetings with Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi.
Monday, June 18, 2018
Brave police officers grappled with a sword-wielding ISIS supporter in his uber cab after he had rammed their van outside Buckingham Palace, a court heard today.
Mohiussunnath Chowdhury exchanged punches with officers as he tried to pull out the four foot samurai sword in a planned suicide attack, the Old Bailey was told.
Chowdhury drove at police outside the Palace repeatedly yelling “Allahu Akbar” when tackled by officers who eventually overpowered him with CS spray, jurors heard.
Two officers were left with cuts to their hands following the attack at around 8.30pm on August 25 last year, just months after the London Bridge attack which left eight dead.
Chwdhury wanted to attack police outside Buckingham Palace with a Samurai sword because he hated the Queen and “her soldiers”, a court heard.
The 26-year old drove into the path of a marked police van in a blue Toyota Prius on Constitution Hill at it was said.
As officers approached his vehicle he reached for the sword and yelled “Allahu Akbar” before he was subdued by with CS gas.
Three hours before the attack Chowdhury left a suicide note on his sister’s laptop before driving to the Palace saying he wanted to attack the Queen and “her soldiers”.
The note read: “By the time you read this note I will be in paradise with Allah.
“Tell everyone that I love them and that all should struggle against the enemies of Allah with their lives and property.
“The Queen and her soldiers who all burn in the Hell fire. They go to war with Muslims around the world and kill them without any mercy.
“They are the enemies that Allah tells us to fight.”
He then went to a Sainsbury’s and bought a sharpening tool to use on the sword.
In the months before the alleged attack Chowdhury “self radicalised” by watching beheading videos and declaring his support for ISIS.
He also praised the Westminster Bridge attacker Khalid Masood in WhatsApp chats with friends, the court heard.
UK citizen, Chowdhury was charged with preparing an act of terrorism, by buying the Samurai sword and a knife sharpener.
At the Old Bailey today (Mon) he sat in the dock wearing a dark red jumper and now sporting a beard and long hair, he smiled and waved to family members in the public gallery when he was brought into court from the cells.
Timothy Cray prosecuting told jurors the defendant “sharpened and honed” the weapon before he left his home on August 25 last year.
He said: “The defendant was driving his motor car just outside Buckingham Palace in central London.
“Coming down the other way was a marked police van coming from Charing Cross Police station.
“The defendant swerved his car through traffic cones into the path of the van.
“The officers initially thought he was drunk or on drugs.
“But as the investigation was to prove, we say, this defendant had something far more serious in his mind.
“Three hours before he left a note on his sister’s laptop at the family home.
“He was planning to get to paradise by becoming a martyr, fighting the enemies of Allah.
“These officers were not special terrorism officers or armed officers.
“They didn’t know they were approaching a man armed with a sword, he was going to be a martyr and express hatred to the Queen and her soldiers – in his mind that included the police.
“It was only due to the bravery and quick reactions of police he was stopped from doing something even more serious.”
As officers got to the side of the car they heard him say “it’s all a bit f***** up”, before he reached back to take the black-handled sword from its sheath.
“PC Ian Midgley managed to get into the passenger side and stop him from getting the sword out from its sheath.
“A desperate struggle with officers followed while he was punching at them and they were punching at him.
“All the while this was happening he was shouting the words ‘Allahu Akbar’ over and over again.
“By this time the officers believed they were getting a terrorist attack.
“This was just six months after the murders with a car on Westminster Bridge and the attacks on London Bridge three months later.
“So now they have a man in a car in London in one of the most prominent locations with a sword attacking police officers.”
After the CS spray was used the weapon was taken from the defendant, the court heard.
One officer suffered a cut to his palm and the other a cut to his finger.
It is understood that no members of the royal family were in Buckingham Palace at the time, with the incident sparking a large evacuation around the palace, St James’s Park and The Mall.
Mr Cray added: “There’s no doubt in the interview with police he confessed that he had planned to confront the police as he saw them as people who do the dirty work of the UK government.
“He agrees he had a sword, he agrees he said what he said about the Queen, her soldiers and police.
“He accepts he wrote the note and accepts he wanted to enter martyrdom.”
Mr Cray held the large sword in front of the jury to show the size of the weapon.
Jurors were told the defendant came from an educated background and started an English degree before dropping out and becoming an Uber driver in London.
But months before the alleged attack Chowdhury began searching for ISIS beheading videos in the wake of the Westminster and London Bridge attacks.
He also discussed the attacks on WhatsApp, praising the attackers and adding, “I support ISIS”.
Mr Cray added: “He became more interested in terrorism looking for videos of beheadings in Chechnya and by ISIS in the Middle East as well videos of as Jihadi John.
“This self-radicalisation was something he chose for himself. He did not come from a troubled part of the world, he came from an educated background.
“He told one of his friends who tried to talk him out of it ‘I’m already radicalised’.
“He also sent emojis of an Arabic-looking figure, a knife and soldier.
“There’s loads of evidence he hated the UK and he’s said he was going to stand up the the enemies of Allah.
“On WhatsApp chats he said ‘the U.K. government was a Zionist force’ and all who protect the Zionist law is an enemy of Allah.”
The court also heard Chowdhury changed his WhatsApp profile picture to a green bird just before the attack – a reference to martyrdom, the prosecution say.
Chowdhury claims he only wanted to get himself killed during the attack.
His sister became concerned about his views on Islam when he suggested watching Channel 4 drama The State about British-born ISIS fighters, the court heard.
Mr Cray said: “The crown suggest that his claims he only meant to kill himself is simply untrue or so far from the truth that is makes no difference. Why would he sharpen the sword if he didn’t meant to kill anyone else.
“We say this defendant did absolutely everything he could to prepare for an act of terrorism.
“In fact there is a clear possible evidence he did bring terror to the streets of London by trying to attack police officers right outside Buckingham Palace.”
Chowdhury denied one count of preparing a terrorist act.
The trial continues.