Click link to take consultation
We are seeking views on proposed changes to taxi fares and tariffs in London.
Transport for London (TfL) licenses and regulates taxi and private hire services in London. As part of this, we set the maximum fares that taxis (black cabs) can charge. These fares are determined by tariffs that are reviewed each year and normally updated to reflect changes in a Cost Index which tracks year on year changes to the costs of operating a taxi in London.
We are interested in your views on the following:
· Whether the minimum fare of £2.60 should be increased and if so by how much
· Whether Tariff 1 and Tariff 2 should be increased
· Whether Tariff 3 should be frozen
· Whether the tariff rate for journeys over six miles (Tariff 4) should be changed
· Removing the social costs element from the Cost Index
· Adding transaction costs for card payment devices to the Cost Index – this would be in addition to the 20 pence minimum fare increase introduced in April 2016
· Continuing the present arrangement that allows taxi drivers to add an extra charge of 40 pence to the fare if fuel prices increase significantly and reduce fares by 40 pence if fuel prices fall significantly
· Whether there should be an increase to the additional charge for taxi journeys that start from a taxi rank at Heathrow Airport and, if so, by how much
· Reviewing options for fixed or capped fares to or from Heathrow Airport
· Increasing by 50 pence the fares for the fixed fare, shared taxi schemes that operate from Euston Station
· Adding fares for six passengers sharing a taxi to the shared taxi conversion table
· Updating the card payment device requirements for taxis so that all drivers accept American Express as well as Visa and MasterCard
Please go to our consultation website: tfl.gov.uk/taxi-fares-2018. You will find more information about the background to these proposals, as well as a questionnaire seeking your views. Responses must be received by 27 April 2018.
We are seeking the views of anyone with interest in these matters on these proposals. Please pass this message on to others who might be interested.
If you have any questions about this, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Taxi Tariff review’ in the subject line.
Head of Policy and Service Development
Taxi & Private Hire
Transport for London
TAXI LEAKS EXTRA BIT :
TAXI LEAKS LATE NIGHT EXTRA :
This is what Khan's Met Police buget cuts have done to our once caring capital....