Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Shocking Statistics, TFL Don't Want You To Know...by Jim Thomas.


Below, London Taxi Radio's Sean Paul Day, talks about the shocking statistics recently obtained by Freedom of Information request, that show between February 2015 and February 2016, there has been 154 serious sexual assaults (including rape), carried out by Private Hire drivers on their passengers.

Considering that in the Met Police's own 'Problem Orientated Policing' report (Clapham), it states, only 20% of minicab related sexual assaults are ever reported, the true number of attacks is more likely to be around 770.

These latest statistics obtained from the Met police also state, "of these attacks on passengers, 32 were allegedly carried out by Uber drivers". 

This is a second set of statistics tha have had to be obtained under  FOI request this year, as TfL and the Met have tried desperately to keep this information from the public....incase it put people off using Private Hire Vehicles.

This type of media blackout from TfL is unacceptable. These statistics should be made available to every member of the public, as the safety of PH passengers should be paramount. 



    

7 comments:

colin said...

Very good Sean,but what i'm seeing is people dont really care,they want cheap cheap cheap,they are happy to take a chance on safety,infact people are now hailing scabs in the street.

I had a dreadful argument with a woman last night asking how can i justify 15 quid when Uberk only charge 6,she swore first so it was open season for me,i tried to explain she saying i dont give a fuck,infact even Boris at the out rally yesterday made a comment about being locked in a dodgy minicab,he proved they still dont take it seriously after all as mayor for 2 terms he done nothing,but then i bet some of the audience went out after & got in one.

Unless the new Mayor does something i'd say night work will be fully gone by year end,& i would like to thank our man on the Tfl board for doing fuck all to save our jobs??

Heather said...

TfL say they can't cap minicab licences. This alone should be a good enough reason to say enough is enough. 154 sexual assaults in minicabs, that's 3 a week and just the ones that get reported.
Of the 100,000 PH drivers licences in London, approx 14% are from the UK. The remaining 86% potentially having no full Criminal record checks. Amazingly TfL state they all have UK driving licences. With 1070 accidents last year, I doubt it. Stay safe Ladies.

Richard said...

Yet a Woman runs LTPH unreal aint it ,my thought are with those who are attacked i could not live with that if it was my job.

Gerald Coba said...

Your so right Rich, Chapman, Daniels and Brown should be dragged round to speak to the fathers of daughters who's lives have been shattered.
They should be made to face the families and victims who have suffered these life changing acts.
These people at TfL are ultimately responsible for these attacks which lead victims on to a nightmare existence, which in some cases leads on to a life of drug abuse and in certain cases, suicide .

I hope these people at TfL can't sleep at night
I hope they are troubled by nightmares for the rest of their lives

They make me sick

Anonymous said...

why isn't more, being made of, Boris's last night's remarks, which encapsulated much of what we have been saying, about uber?

Tony Casey said...

The head of Taxi /Private does know the risks women are facing, she is moving to
Benfleet Essex ,from Ilford Lane where all CRIMES are much lower and the transport
system to Fenchurch street less of a safety problem for lone female travellers .

Anonymous said...

so why doesn't she do something about it?

she could do this at a stroke, by just enforcing her own department's criteria for obtaining a PHV Licence

she should also RESCIND, all of the Licences that her department have issued, that do not meet the requirements

that should get rid of many