Unbelievable, but, true. A London PH car working up here in Manchester. It works on New City, Withington, a particularly down market outfit. They have Gedling, West Lindley, Cheshire and Rossendale vehicles working for them as well.
The questions must be asked, why would a licensed London private hire vehicle travel 200 miles to work for a cowboy outfit ?
1. Is the car cloned ?
2. Is the driver on the run from something in London ?
Whatever, this is taking the proverbial big time.
How many sex attacks will it take in Manchester, before somebody stops the scum of the country, descending on our City, because they know they can do what ever they like.
Nothing to do with us you may think...Well think again.
The Vauxhall Vector NU57WZP snapped in Manchester with local PH door stickers is definitely registered as a London Private Hire Vehicle: License no 8720001. The LTPH roundel can also be plainly seen.
There are a few different scenarios here;
1. More than likely not a cloned car, as that wouldn't explain the LTPH roundels in the windows
2. The driver could be visiting relatives and as he works as a minicab in London, may have been asked to help out.
3. The owner could have lent the car to a local minicab friend who was desperate after his car broke down.
All quite illegal, but more chance of winning the lottery than getting caught.
The last scenario is the most serious;
4. Has this driver been involved in some type of crime in London and is on the run from the Met?
Why would a London minicab driver be prepared to drive 200 miles just to work.
If the Law Commission drops the laws on cross boarder hirings, London will be swamped with minicabs licensed in rural places, who will flock to the brighter lights of London, to work for a new mass invasion of satellite offices which will flood the place.